A Wine Country Vacation


It's funny despite the beautiful life I am blessed to have, I never considered myself to be a lucky person.  I don't win on slot machines and the few times I purchased lotto tickets/scratch offs, they didn't pay off.  (insert sad face here)  However, that changed when I won an all expense trip to Napa Valley for 3 nights and 4 days.   I think now I have used up all the "luck" that was granted to me for raffles and gambling.  But that doesn't mean I won't keep trying.

John and I finally went and enjoyed a wonderful week in Napa and Sonoma.  We ended up extending the vacation to an entire week.  We also invited John's bosses since they never been and because they are very gracious in inviting us to Bonaire and Key West on a regular basis.


Day One, John and I rose at 4:30 AM to begin our adventure in Napa in a hot air balloon.  We used Napa Valley Balloon Adventures and found them exceptional.  Had a great time, breakfast afterward with bottomless mimosas.  What is there not to like?

The resort we stayed on was the Meritage Resort and Spa. Beautiful rooms and facility.  Huge hotel but easy to get around in, the restaurant was tasty with good service, and spacious bathrooms in our room.


 One of the perks in our package was a ride on the wine train, yes you heard right, a wine train.  It begins in downtown Napa around 11:00 am and includes, wine, appetizers and a gourmet lunch. The food and experience were amazing!!!!  I found out they have different packages for the train and worth exploring and doing again.

The day before our train ride we had lunch at The Bounty Hunter.  A cute little restaurant that served barbecue and bourbons.  No vodka, but craft beer and wine of course.  I had my doubts about barbecue in California but this place had amazing food. In fact, most restaurants were absolutely delicious.

 At the Domaine Carneros Winery
Great champagne and Pinot here


 The setting was beautiful here and the vegetation is heavenly.  Here is John enjoying some props.  The wine here was mediocre.  They served a lot of Rose' type of wines.


Here a few pictures of wine country and us enjoying the countryside. Tomorrow I will work on part two of our trip.


 

Appetizers aboard the Wine Train



Salmon with barbecue sauce (Wine Train Lunch)


Having a fabulous time and happy to be able to share this with my honey

Poppy

Saintbury Winery

Appetizer pairings with Champagne

Gloria Ferrer Wine Cave



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

Belize? Yes, Please!!