Oh What a Year & it's Only August.



2016 v 2017

30 days of Keto

As many of you know John has been on the Keto diet for a few years and dropped a whopping 35 lbs.  Well, John has never commented on my weight (probably for his safety) but now that he's skinny, the attention is now focused on my weight.  UGH!!!



For selfish reasons, I preferred him with a little more weight because it made me look skinnier.  Well, I don't have that "cushion" anymore.

now, I have to stand next to this.....

Hahahahah!

Don't be jealous ladies,  this was during HLSR barbecue cook-off.  A part of John's job is having to wear costumes to match the theme of our tent. (Alice in BBQ Land.) I felt as ridiculous as I looked.  The coconut tequila seemed to help.

After a good few months of no holds bar kind of eating I gained about 7 lbs.  Well, when your height is only 4'11" it might as well be 20 lbs.  So at John's encouragement, I promised him I would do 30 days of Keto.  First 3 weeks were relatively easy.  This last week was more challenging. 

I'm two days short of completing my 30 days and dropped 5 lbs.  Despite only dropping 5lbs my clothing is pretty loose and fit so much better than before. 

It's been a rough summer with my weight, menopause, and inconsistency with exercise.  However, now I feel I am on the right track.  I don't think I will continue the Keto lifestyle but definitely will continue with no sugars, counting my carbs and being more active.  I really miss grapes, bananas, and pineapples.  Despite missing the pasta and bread, I love having my waist back to being curvy and not like a stack of jenga blocks.

Unfortunately, I do not have a before and after picture. 

What I want my readers to get out of this is that you need to challenge yourself, make the mental commitment and just do it. Take it one day at a time and at the end of your 30-day journey evaluate what you got out of it. 

John says that I look great and noticed I have more energy and my workouts are not as hard.  My muscles are more visible (my fluffyness is disappearing) and it has given our evenings planning and making dinner more fun.

Wishing all of you, health, happiness and peace.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass