20 Years & Counting....


Any man that will profess his love in graffiti form on fruit for me has my heart

John and I celebrated 20 years of marital bliss on August 31 of this year.  We have grown up together, lived a lifetime of ups and downs and still look forward to seeing what the day will bring us.

We have raised two wonderful children together.  Who also helped us grow up and grow together.

We celebrated this milestone by taking TWO WHOLE WEEKS traveling Europe.   Something we have never done without the kids.

I figured we would stay in the U.S. and do Martha's Vineyard but John said: "It's our 20th think Bigger!!"  So I did.

We left for Amsterdam on Wednesday, 23 of August to spend a few days there before taking a flight to Basel, Switzerland.  From there we had scheduled a 7-day cruise down the Rhine stopping in France and Germany along the way.   Talk about romantic and a pampered vacation.


Something cute about John is that he doesn't know how to dress in a fashionable sense.  God knows I have a problem in the same area but he really struggles with what goes together.  Now that I see this picture I can guarantee that he looked at what I was wearing and tried to coordinate with the colors I was wearing.



John treated me to a fancy dinner the second night in Amsterdam

one of the squares near the hotel

MOCO Museum display (Salvador Dali exhibit)


At the Rijk Museum admiring Rembrandts masterpieces.

Hotel D'Europa on the canal, our first hotel



7 hours difference catches up with you and we were both running on fumes trying to adjust to the time difference.  I, unfortunately, did not sleep a wink on the plane.  The bike rides and walks through out the city pretty much took care of the sleeping after day one.

My next blog will be about the Amawaterways River Cruise down the Rhine.  What a beautiful ship and views along the way.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

Belize? Yes, Please!!

HockaDONE!