Wine Country Part 2

Since our trip to the wine country was postponed due to John's work schedule it gave me more time to plan for this trip.  In order not to forget what I booked and keep track of our dinner reservations I made a spreadsheet.  I still goofed and double booked a wine tasting and an olive oil tour.  Guess which one we ended up missing.


On Tuesday we did "beginners" bike tour with two stops at local wineries.  One of them was the Buena Vista Winery.  One of my favorites this trip.  It could have been the 5-mile bike ride and that last push up that hill that made the wine taste so good.  

 Rick was our guide on this tour and was just wonderful.  Patient, knowledgeable, and a sweetheart.
If anyone wants to do a bike tour in Napa I would highly recommend this company.

Back to the Buena Vista Winery......... This is the Private Members Club Room.


Our happy little group close to the end of our wine tour.  The second winery was Gundlach Bundschu. Also very good wine and one of the largest private owned wineries.  Five generations in.


Our last wine tasting was at the Ledson Castle.  This wine is only sold to club members and this is how they get ya!  We are now members and look forward to our cases of wine.


We received a complimentary tasting since we stayed at their hotel in town.  The hotel is a gorgeous boutique hotel with only six rooms, all with balconies.  Some facing the parking lot and some facing the street.  Ledson Hotel is one of my favorite and hope that one day we can go back.

Another upside on this hotel is the location. We were walking distance from the best restaurants in Sonoma.  In fact, one of the top chefs, Ben Ford replied to my Instagram comment and recommended a few including The Girl and The Fig.  It did not disappoint.  Harvest Moon was across from us and was our favorite meal of the week and there were quite a few to choose from.

The square where the hotel is located also consisted of the most adorable shops with matching price tags of course.
Sonoma Grille
A Week in Wine Country Spreadsheet


I had several more photographs but did not want to bore everyone.  I hope this helped in nudging some of you to head to Wine Country.  As my husband says "Those wine plants, sure are purty."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass