Happy New Year 2017

Happy New Year Friend & Family!

This year was extremely stressful for me.  I hosted Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day at my home.  What's that?  You think I'm crazy, well I would have to agree with you on this one.

By New Year's I wanted the heck out of dodge and to be with the ones that I drive crazy and not the other way around.  So the plan was to fly the kids to New Orleans for New Years.  I booked us two nights at the Roosevelt Hotel and one night at the Hotel Monteleone.  Both facilities were beautiful and according to Southern Living magazine,  The Roosevelt Hotel turns into a "Christmas Wonderland" this time of year.  You can click on the link here to see what I am talking about.

The Monteleone Hotel also in the French Quarter has a revolving Carrousel Bar.  Unfortunately we did not get to experience sitting at this bar since it was packed the entire time.  Fortunately, I do know how it feels getting of a bar stool after a few too many drinks and I think the feeling is similar.

Lobby of Hotel Monteleone

Well, as you can see from the picture below.  We missed our flight to New Orleans.  Actually the weather getting there was fantastic it was the return on Sunday that looked questionable.  Shelby had to catch a flight back to school on Monday so we couldn't risk it.  Road TRIP!!
Having four drivers makes a six hour car ride much more enjoyable.  I read my Born to Run book, John read his Instrument Pilot's Handbook.  And each kid had their own music to listen too.  Nice peaceful ride.  We stopped in Lake Charles for Lunch and then this little coffee shop.

Ryan Seacrest was hosting the Ball Drop in New York, while also showing the Central Time "Fleur de Lise' drop in New Orleans.  We saw Panic at the Disco! perform and along with thousands of others walked the streets of the French Quarter in the rain waiting for midnight.  We didn't make it to midnight in the rain as you can imagine.  We headed back to our room watched the Harry Potter Marathon that was on and brought in 2017 in bed.  No complaints here!





John did find a great restaurant called Cochon.  Great service and food.  But I think my favorite one was Kingfish.  Great drinks and food.  I highly recommend these places.

John and I now have to travel with our reading glasses.  I guess our wish did come true and we are growing old together.

It's been a crazy 2016 with trips to Bahamas, Key West, St. George Island, Arkansas, Gainesville, Akumal, and New Orleans.

We are very fortunate, blessed and grateful for our friends and family.  For it is those that walk with us that make life so much more interesting.

Much love to all and May you all have a fabulous  New Year!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

I'm a Bad Ass

HockaDONE!