Countdown to 5-0!


In less than a week I will be turning 49 years old.  I would have thought that by this age I would know what I wanted to do with my life.  For sure by 45 or 46.  Well those years went by quickly and now I am looking down the barrel of my 40's gone by.

For some reason, I want to really, really, really enjoy this last year in my 40's despite still not having a clue what I want to do with my life.  I joke with my daughter (who has been bombarded with that same question since she started college) I don't even know if I want to start a family!  Needless to say I get an eye roll with that remark.

I don't know if subconsciously I think my 50's will be the start of a down hill journey or the loss of so many friends has prompted me to rethink how I live my life.  Perhaps a little of both.  Regardless, I want to do something different this year.  What if it is my last year?  Isn't it always a "last year" of some sort.  Things are constantly changing, relationships evolving or diminishing, challenges being accepted or not, babies being born, loved ones dying, etc.  You will never have the same year twice, that is a guarantee.

Can you spot which first grader is me??

Which brings me to my countdown to 50 years old.  Most of this will have to be discussed with my other half but in the many years we have known each other, he has yet to disappoint in participation with any hair brain idea I have so I think it will all work out.  I truly married the right guy for me.

So as I sit here at Tomball Regional Hospital drinking a Vanilla like shake to prepare for a catscan which by the way does not taste like a shake at all as the label on the bottle suggest.   My thoughts return to turning 49 and the things I wish to put first in my life.

A bucket list is a must!  I'm thinking 49 line items to be completed in my birthday year.  Here are a few of my thoughts.....


  1. Learn to hula hoop
  2. Run a 10K
  3. Do my first cartwheel
  4. Leave a post secret in a book store
  5. Learn to do double unders
  6. Tour the Texas Wine Country
  7. Learn to do a handstand 
  8. Be silent for a whole day
  9. complete a scrapbook
  10. Learn to knit or crochet
  11. One day spent un connected
  12. Take one picture every day for a year
  13. Journal for a year once a week

Just  a sample of what I am thinking of doing.  I have been blessed to have had a  great adult life and have done so much that I have already done what most people have on their bucket list.
Rode a bull... as well as going blonde!


Explored an Island on an ATV

Swam with Sharks in a cage of course.

If any of you have suggestions of what else I can add to my list, please make a comment below.  Would love to hear from others.

Have a great December and may all your dreams come true!!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass