5K Lupus Run



What a whirlwind weekend.  I have been working on a wedding of 180 plus guests for the past year. Saturday was the wedding which ended at 11:00 pm and I didn't fall asleep until about midnight. Then I had to meet for my 5K run with the Lupus Foundation at 7:30 am. All in all I had about 3.5 hours of sleep last night and I feel exhausted.

I am proud to report that I had set a goal of $1000 and with the support of very generous friends  and one who by the threat of "unfriending" of Facebook made her pledge.  All in jest of course.  

Steel Magnolias was the name of our team started by my lovely niece (Happy Birthday Andrea!!) whose mother Tabatha died in January at a very young age, approximately 43.  

My good neighbor and friends, Paige and Jimmy were kind enough to sign up with me and ran the whole way. Paige got the best time and has done amazing with her Crossfit.  More on that on a later blog when things slow down a bit around her.

oh, my time was 36.42, came in 212 out of 433 . meh

FIRST 5K RUN
2006 5K Great Pumpkin Run 5K 
44    Marylinda Cohron       Houston  TX        39   744      39:14.6     39:53.4      0:38.8   12:39/M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

Belize? Yes, Please!!