January Happenings


January started with a beautiful fairytale dance and ended with heartache and sorrow.  It has been a month full of ups and downs.  People that we care for have gone through the loss of a young life and the same week we experienced the loss of one of our family members. Two funerals, days apart and then the phone call from a friend about our old neighbor and my old walking partner, who was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  Needless to say, my heart has been full of sorrow and heartache for most of January.  

With all this emotional dejection all I needed was health issues:  I caught the flu, my mom was in the hospital and I stopped exercising. I need to learn to stop asking "What know?" Because God does have a sense a humor.

With all this going on I forgot to tell you about our weekend at the deer lease. In times of sorrow you need to think of the good things in our lives because in reality they do outnumber the tragic.

We did get to do a little hunting prior to the end of the holidays in Madisonville, Texas.  The property is only a little over an hour away so a weekend get away is easy to do if you make the time.  

Our friends and neighbors joined us for a day and we had a lovely time staring at the fire and at the starry sky. 





Shelby learned to gut and skin a hog.  She will make a fine wife one day......in the prairie.
She is so much like her dad at times, it always brings a smile to my face when I see them together.



My gorgeous girls.  Jessica and Jayden all of them including Shelby are little spitfires! Love them so much.



I just started a new blog highlighting my career in party planning.  Stop by if you get a chance, at Events by Marylinda (simply click on the name of the blog and you will be directed there)

May you have a fabulous February filled with hugs, kisses, and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

20 years and counting Chapter 3