Another Life Time

1987

It is said that cats have nine lives.  I think we may have just as many.  I married a year after graduating high school at the tender age of 19.  During this time my younger brother who is  three years younger than me was dating Tabitha.  She spent a lot of time at our home during this time as I was planning my wedding and getting ready to move out.  It really does feel like another lifetime ago.

Tabitha and Raul ended up having two beautiful children together.  My very first niece and nephew, Andrea and Raul, Jr. I write this because sweet young Tabitha passed away last Sunday, January 12th.

1989
I have a few regrets in my life as I imagine many people do. One of them was that I did not continue my friendship with Tabby.  That I could not be there for her on her hour of need when it came to my niece and nephew, as babies.  Our children are 1 year apart, starting with Andrea, Junior, and then Emilio.  I always thought of us living a long life together yet parallel.  The bridge to our lives being her children.

I honestly did not believe she died. I did not shed a tear. I did not reminisce and I did not mourn..........until Saturday, the day of her service.  When I saw her beautiful children honoring their mother.  Having to say good-bye at such a young age.  Watching my niece grow up in a way that should not have happen for another 30 or 40 years.

One thing I am very proud of is the relationship my children have with their eldest cousins.  We have always been there for each other.  Thanks to my mother's guidance and insistence  , we attended plays, games, parties and spent summers in the pool together.  Now that my mother is older and in poor health, Andrea and I make sure we continue being in each other's life.

1999
1996

1997


July 13,1990

1998


January 2014





The past.........

I remember this Christmas, I was feeling very ill.  I was about 8 weeks pregnant with Emilio and was feeling sick all the time.  Tabby with her big hair and beautiful babies.



1989 (I was pregnant with Emilio)

Christmas  1989


Tabitha, you were very much loved by all who knew you.  I will continue to watch over your kids and now your granddaughters.  I hope that with time I will do your memory justice.

Rest in Peace old friend.

If any of you wish to honor her memory you may contribute to Team Magnolia
Lupus 5K Walk.  Tabitha Melchor.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass