Another Year to Look Forward To....



What can I say about 2013?  I hope that I grew a little wiser, loved a little more, appreciated the diversity and difference in people more than before.  As with many things, I am still a work in progress.  I have been blessed with an enormous amount of good friends that I need to work on returning their love and appreciation.  Over the 47 years of life, I have been able to hang on to friends from different decades of my life. Each one molding me to be a better person, the couple of "friends" that I no longer have are the ones that affected me the most in seeing what my limits were and also my short comings.  I am most grateful for those failures.

I can honestly say that this year was all about improving my relationships with neighbors, friends, and acquaintances.  Learning to say "no, that won't work for me" was my biggest challenge and still is.  But I am getting there.  I can't give 100% to all and the ones I should, my family is what should matter.

I have always been a people pleaser and my family draws the short end of the stick when it comes to my "graciousness".  I believed to my very core that not helping others and putting everyone before me was a selfish act but in time I realized that it was selfish of me to put everyone else's needs before my families.

So next year I will strive to balance my life with the things I love the most, family, friends, volunteering and self improvement.  I would love to read more and use Facebook less, listen more and criticizing less, appreciating what I have and minimizing belongings.   And more than anything, I want to live in the now and not worry about the tomorrows.  If you think about it, these are all things that we did as children, with that being said I will now retreat to my fort and read my comics!

Much love to all and A Happy New Year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass