Spooky Gals Night 2013

This year I had my Spooky Gals Night on a Friday night so that I could have two days to recuperate from the cooking, cleaning, decorating, socializing, drinking that this evening brings forth.  A lot of fun with some great ladies!

I kept the menu simple but delicious.  We had deviled eggs, meatballs, a vegetable tray and Buffalo Chicken Sliders.  Dessert consisted of a Cranberry-Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake that was to die for.


You can find the recipe for this here. It took me about two hours to make this because there were several steps for the topping, the glaze, the filling and the cake.  But I have to tell you it is the best fall cake around and it looks very festive for the holidays.

My appetizers were kept simple but delicious.  I did not use olives for the meatballs since I am not a big fan of the taste unless they are in a Bloody Mary.


This appetizer is so easy that it consist of only 3 ingredients.  Recipe can be found here.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/buffalo-chicken-sliders-recipe/index.html

Everyone raved about the chicken sliders and the homemade blue cheese sauce.  If you look at the recipe it took all of 20-30 minutes to put together.  There is even a video on how to prepare these.




Here is Boris being the center of attention again on my main table.  I forgot to place batteries in him and that would have made a fun table even more entertaining with his moaning and eye shifting.


John came home in the nick of time to save me from this never before tried recipe called "La Llorona" cocktail.  It didn't taste as good as I thought and John doctored it up with Blue Curacoa and Ginger Ale.  Very yummy.  The recipe is basically Hypnotic and vodka with a splash of lemon.


Must have wines for Halloween!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

Belize? Yes, Please!!