May 2013

What a crazy wonderful month we have had.

First weekend in May, we flew in to see Shelby's hard work as stage manager for the play "Our Town".

Shelby with the crew of Our Town 5/2-4/2013
Second weekend  of May, Mother's day weekend.  Emilio asked us to go see Aida at the Bayou Center Theater.  A small little workshop near Minutemaid Park.  It was so much fun and prior to that my lovely husband and son took me to Reef.  A restaurant I had been dying to try for the past 5 years.  It was very good however the drinks were very pricey.





My new dress for my night with the special men in my life. The only down size is that I didn't get a picture of all of us together.

On Saturday Shelby surprised me by getting up at 6:15 AM and driving her sweet little self to my door for a Mothers' Day surprise.  I was overwhelmed with emotion and could not have been more astonished by her thoughtfulness. My dear friend Paige knocks on the door about 9:30, I had just gotten back from my run, and was very sweaty.  She tells me that she had a Mother's day present but can not carry it out by herself, we walk to the back of her SUV and when she opens the gate........


   
Sunday, the real Mother's day Emilio made brunch reservations at Chatter's in the heights.  John and Emilio arranged for our moms to be there along with my niece Andrea and her family.  Andrea and her brother grew up with my kids and are very close.

John's Mom, Andrea, Me, and My mom


My favorite picture with all the little chickens (missed you Raul!)
Third weekend in May....Girl Scout Camping at Camp Arnold!!! Woohoo.  It was a very hot weekend and we ended up doing the last night of camping in the comfort of my movie room and roasting S'mores on the fire pit by the pool.  Yeah, our girls are officially young women when they forego camping for comfort.





This coming weekend we are flying down to Dallas one more time to see Hockaday's 99th commencement and to pack up our munchkin for home.  We are sneaking in a date night in Dallas on Friday with a couple we met on one of our spontaneous romps (That is a good story, which I will tell on another post).  Heading out to dinner and to see Guy Forsyth perform at The Kessler Theater.

I love live performances, very much looking forward to this. 

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass