Working on her JRP For the past two weekends we have been traveling to Dallas to see and spend time with our baby. Our 17 year old baby. The last of the breed, the end of the line, the last one standing. Our baby. She had a 10 page Junior Research Paper due on Monday and instead of helping on Skype we decided to drive down and spend the weekend with her. We also went to Aww Shucks with her friend Devon that weekend for some delicious crawfish $8.99 per lb, Crazy!! I know. I remember when we could pay $1.25 a lb. The size of those crawfish were much bigger than Houston's. We flew back to Dallas this past weekend for more Crawfish and to view Shelby's play Almost, Maine. It was her opening weekend and she was the stage manager for the play. Anyone who knows Shelby will describe her as willful, confident, thoughtful, and in every way a leader. She was made to run things. The play ...
My lovely husband and I have been together for over 16 years. We raised a handsome son who is 21 and currently in his senior year at Berklee College of Music (violin performance major) and a beautiful daughter who at 16 is still very close to both of us and attends a boarding school 4 hours away from us. We didn't expect to be on our own at 41 and 45 years old and I have to admit its a lovely time seeing our children so independent and focused on their studies. But the question never came to mind of what I am to do now the kids are gone. They were my full time job for the past 14 years. I have some college experience but never focused on a career that is now marketable. And in all honesty, I enjoy the freedom of traveling, meeting girlfriends for lunch and being able to visit the children. I feel there are more women who have gone through this and could be of some help. I think I have so many forks still in the fire that it's difficult to narrow down...
What a gorgeous cold day it was today. I decided to stay home and keep warm. Fireplace on, some friends over for football, homemade chili and a good book to finish the day. We did go out last night and tried a new place in Old Town Spring, called Plane & Level. Super cute small restaurant. Spanish Tapas and Wine. You need reservations since there is only 4-5 tables. The food was great and the wine excellent. The inside resembles an old plane, all sheet metal with rivets and the waitress' dress like flight attendants. They even hand the napkins out with tongs. We were having such a lovely time that I didn't take any pictures of the evening. We did have a wonderful wine from the Canary Islands, Traditional 2017 red wine. Having traveled to the Canary Islands, we just had to order it. What I remember most about Fuertaventura was the tomatoes tasted like heaven! Best tomatoes I have ever had...