Answered Prayers



It's not what you think.  I have been on this new chapter of my life (the early empty nester) for almost two years.  At the same time also adjusting to remote parenting *Thank you Skype!, an "adult" son living nearby and having a more open schedule since my days of PTO, car pool, school sports are no longer part of my life.

Being only 46, I felt I still had more mothering in me to do.  With no kids and more time on my hands then I ever imagined.  I prayed... I prayed for purpose and direction.  What a great thing to ask for.  Everyone needs purpose and direction to feel part of society.  I prayed that I can still make a difference.

My prayer was answered in the form of a 71 year old white haired, blue eyed, father in law.  In so many ways, it's like having a 3 year old all over again.  In other ways, you get the wisdom of a man who has lived a good life, traveled, knows my best friends childhood memories, and shows you how to muster up compassion when you think you have none left to give.

Don't get me wrong. It has been a challenge setting up an apartment for someone who has virtually nothing and trying to find everything that would make him a home. With a cold.   Did I mention I have been fighting a cold since last Wednesday?  I would come home exhausted and even emotionally drained.  Thank you Paige for being there for my meltdown, I cannot thank you enough.


The move took us two days. Just John and I. We were exhausted. Despite John having two brothers, he is the main caregiver, has been for 20 years.  Another reason why I love this man.

 His favorite chair where he takes his daily naps, turns out to be one I got from a lovely lady  in The Woodlands. I found it on Facebook under Beg, Barter, Buy and Sell in The Woodlands.  I also picked up a bookcase for $50.00 on the same website.

On Friday we plan on visiting him in his new place to see how his first week went.  We hope that he makes friends, doesn't get sent to the principals office, and remembers to eat all his veggies!

Happy 100 Post!








Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

Belize? Yes, Please!!