Spring Break & Dearly Departed



While in Los Angeles, Shelby and I did a "Dearly Departed" tour with Dearly Departed Tours.  It wasn't just macabre stories like the Black Dahlia and John Belushi, though it did include that part on our tour.  We were also treated to fascinated architecture like the house above.

Part of our stops were at the witches house (I believe there are three in LA).



























This is the same house that was used in Hocus Pocus.  My kids favorite Halloween movie.  The tour guide Brian, let Shelby and I get out so we could take pictures in front of the home. The realtor ended up buying the home to save it from the two potential buyers who were planning on demolishing it.  Thank goodness he did, it's a great house!




On Thursday we did the touristy sights like the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard, went to the Wonka Chocolate store, and ate the best burgers at 25 Degrees.  It was so good that we went back the next day for a snack and their adult milk shakes.  John and I shared the salted carmel vanilla shake.

By the time we left, the blockades were set up and the paparazzi were out in full force.  The premier of  GI Joe was at the Grauman's Chinese theater that evening. Literally across the street from 25 degrees.
John hates crowds so we weren't able to stay and see the star studded event.  I told him that until his dying day I will not let him forget that I could have been 5 feet from Bruce Willis.  I think he was just worried that Bruce Willis would take one look at me and we would run off together.  Poor guy, who could blame him.  LOL!!

Another fun thing we did was head over to Rodeo drive and did some shopping.  This year was the first year I did not do an Easter basket for my kids.  Instead they both received clothes from Rodeo Drive stores.  Yes, they have the same stores here in the Galleria but something about shopping on that street just makes it so much more fun.

John surprised me by buying me a ring from Tiffany's.   I always loved Tiffany's from the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I watched the movie before I could understand the meaning of it and the complexity of Holly Golightly.  It still fascinates me.

This should be the last of my postings regarding Spring break and California. I hope everyone enjoyed my stories.
Barney's Beanery, last dinner for Janis Joplin


 The Magic Castle were Neil Patrick Harris sits on the board and occasionally performs his magic show.


The ending to "Pretty Woman" fire escape where she rescues him right back.






Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass