Fave's

One of my favorite things about Texas is the food and the people.  From the hill country to the shores of the gulf.  I have experienced some great eateries.  I compiled a list that I hope you will enjoy and explore this new year.

Vinoteca Poscol is a fabulous spot on Westheimer in a shopping strip.  Great atmosphere and wait staff.   Don't judge the quality of the food by the looks of the outside.



For Mexican food, I love Meso Maya in Dallas.  Their mole enchiladas taste just like my moms! And I love when I order a Tecate beer and it comes with an ice cold mug and limes.  And their margaritas are fresh and light. Double yum!


For my 45th birthday we did a pub crawl down Washington Avenue in Houston (we rented a mini bus for the crawl, so no one was drinking and driving).  Our second stop or perhaps it was our third stop, we went to Liberty Station, they serve fresh and unique libations.  They had a jalepeno and cucumber margarita that was very close, if not better to the one we had in Cozumel.  Great concoctions and beer selections, some beers you won't find anywhere else and they change regularly.  I had the best boar dog  that night with raspberry sauce from the local food truck.  I wish I remembered the name of that truck, everyone loved it!
Brunch

Benjy's in Rice Village. They have Brunch on Saturdays which we did a few months back.  WARNING: Bragging ahead!!  Our friend just purchased Paris Hiltons Bentley so he picked us up and drove us to Benjy's for an excellant brunch.  The ride wasn't bad either, however, it's hard to beat the last time we went out to dinner, he took us in their helicopter to Perry's on Cypresswood Dr.  So much fun! Not the average meals with these friends ;)





Food for Thought:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans. 
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans. 
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans. 
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.  
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION:  Eat and drink what you like.   Speaking English is apparently what kills you.


Copied from another blog found here 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass