A Home for Christmas

I finally finished decorating the INSIDE of the house.  I started on Sunday, just to give you an idea of my week.   Maybe in the past years it took me just as long and I never noticed.  But for some reason this year I felt like a hamster on a wheel.

I do have to admit that having pinterest as a go to website for creative ideas, makes me rethink some of my placements of decorations.  I also re-created two wreaths for the house, and three light fixtures.  All which were taken from pinterest.  Chandelier idea came from a blog you can check out.

I am pleased the way it came out and the only thing I had to buy were the glass ornaments which I purchased at Hobby Lobby for $2.49 for a box of 6.

Also, John finally received his alligator skin from the taxidermist.  I loved it so much that I don't have the heart to get it made into anything. I'm using it as a runner on my dining room table.


I also wanted to get my stockings looking full and picture perfect so I enlisted the help of the internet and found this website with great advice.

Look how nice they turned out. Still working on the twisting as you can see.



 This year my tree turned out picture perfect.  Last year I had to remove all the lights from a pre-lit tree and that took me two days.  I did it out of pure stubbornness and didn't want the tree to win this battle of wills.  I love the shape and tallness of it.  My neighbor who is a decorator sold it to me at a wholesale  price a few years back because the client changed his mind.


Our ceiling in the living room must be at least 20 feet high.  Makes it a challenge to decorate the top of the tree since it has to be proportioned to the room. I couldn't tell you the height of this tree except that when I'm on the ladder, I'm a nervous wreck!




I worked really hard on this wreath for the "backdoor" it's really the door that leads into our kitchen from the drive way but it is just easier to refer to it as the backdoor.  Well, as I was trying to hang it, the hanger broke because of the weight of the wreath, (Clue #1) and then realized the wreath was bigger than the door. (sound of my hand slapping my forehead) as Clue #2 emerged when I tried to shut the door.

I worked too hard on this wreath to not hang it up so I placed it in our kitchen window and I have to say it looks great.  I just need my honey to run an extension cord around the window so that we can light it.



 I had the green deco mesh ribbon from Halloween.  And the stocking was a secret santa gift from about 10 years ago.  All I had to buy this year were the snowflakes from Lowe's.

I usually have a tree on the upstairs landing that overlooks the foyer.  This tree has all my kids special ornaments and hand made crafts from the elementary years.  This year I decided not to put it up.  So I brought down all their hand crafted ornaments plus the "baby's first Christmas" ones and placed it by my front door on a wooden table top tree.  I'm still working on that one but wanted to blog about it so I have a reference point of what I did this year.

Merry Christmas and I hope that this helps with your Holiday Decorations! Or makes you so tired as my friend Ferne said and go have a drink for me.  I will be joining you in spirit!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass