Anniversary Weekend

Happy Anniversary!  Last week we made reservations at Oxheart for our 15 year wedding anniversary.  I highly recommend this place, portions are small but with 7 or 5 courses you do not leave hungry.  I love the wine pairing and the unique preparation of common foods. Figs, grapes, okra, eggplant, goat, so scrumptious!!!

When we planned our wedding my husband was not a big hunter, one because he didn't have the time (he married into an instant family) and two-John is a workaholic.  The reason I bring this up is because, September 1st is the opening of Dove Hunting Season.  So for many years, 14 to be exact my husband has missed opening weekend.  Complaining every year about the timeing of our anniversary.  I waited until our daughter was two years old before he married me, I could wait a few more days to celebrate an anniversary.

Well, this year we comprimised and did our dinner at Oxheart on Thursday, packed up and headed to the ranch on Friday for dove season.  Apparently, the dove knew it was openning season and they were elsewhere.  Of course, the day we leave the hunt goes amazingly well for all the rest of our club and they bag tons of them.

We had a great time and John looked good with his cigar and kangaroo hat.  Sometimes he is not fun to be married to (I'm too serious as a wife and mom)  but most of the time he makes a great friend and makes me laugh really hard!!!

That was our exhausting weekend.  And I didn't even mention our Monday that was spent at Lake Conroe with our good friends and neighbors.  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass