Flashback Fridays

July 14, 2011

Charles Caleb Colton coined the phrase :

'imitation is the best form of flattery'.  That's one way of looking at it and so  much nicer than being a copycat!  I started reading another blog by the name of Dixie Delights.  

DD does a Flashback Friday which I thought would be a great idea!  I have so many pictures of the kids growing up and such fond memories I would love to preserve. I thought I would start with last year and work my way backwards.  That would also give me time to scan old pics to add to my digital home network. 

Some pictures I came across were from our midnight showing of the last Harry Potter movie back in 2011.  Our 15 year old (at the time) was biting at the bit to go see this movie.  Her dad and I,  along with our friends tagged along for the heck of it.  I can't believe we actually stayed up that late.  My poor husband had work the next day!
Isn't she cute in her Gryffindor robe?!


Dustin & Elaine getting ready for the show!
Not much her dad won't do for her.  She is such a good kid! Regardless of how much her dad embarrasses her as all parents do at this age, she still favors family time over friend time.
I don't ever remember my mom taking an interest in what we found entertaining, except for scary movies.  I think she liked them more than we did!  I loved doing the drive in with my mom. I hope Shelby has fond memories of this day as I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

Belize? Yes, Please!!