Wanted: Gun toting party planner


The things I do for love.  Again, this is a perfect example of why being married to John makes me want to be a better person, or atleast a better shot.  In all seriousness,  I have thought about taking lessons on handling a handgun, since my husband has one and travels from time to time.  Being home alone tends to exasperate the noises at night and I wanted to be educated if the time ever came that I needed to use it.  Aside from the fact that the odds of me shooting myself were far greater without taking a class as well as getting over my fear of guns just made sense. 

Well,  John received a call from his old flight instructor who happens to also be a Detective with the Sheriff's department and was giving a class this past Saturday.  What do you know we had a free Saturday available.  So here I am, never handled, loaded or shot a Barretta in my life and was being scored to receive my license.  I did load the gun incorrectly the first three times ( i will blame my nerves for this huge faux pas) you would think they would not be able to go in backwards so easily, after the third bullet wouldn't fit I knew something was wrong.  My hands were sweating profusely which made those little bullets hard to handle as well. 

 I pray that I will never have to shoot another person, because if I do, it's because I had no other option other than to lose my own life or that of my child.  It's a scary thought and after taking the classroom portion you leave that room without a doubt of how damaging a gun can be and life altering to all those involved.  

Another interesting fact I found out that in Texas (pop. 24 million) our zip code has the most CHL in all of Texas.  Which makes "wrapping a house" a little more dangerous in this area.


On another note, John made me a fantastic Strawberry daiquiri that consisted of Coconut Rum, a frozen banana (only 1/2) and the frozen daiquiri mix.   It was very yummy!! I drank 1/2 of it before taking this picture and realized I needed to share this with the rest of the world.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

Belize? Yes, Please!!