Spring Break (really?)


This is the first year where we really didn't have a spring break.  Shelby was off exploring colleges in the east coast and we only had her for the weekend.  So we did the best of it and I drove up to Dallas on Friday to pick her up.  Since her flight did not arrive until after 8 pm I opted to spend the night in Dallas and wake up at 6:00 am for the 3.5 hour drive. The other reason,  part of me just wanted her to myself for a little bit before I had to come home and share her with John.  It reminded me of the time when I would keep her home from preschool to watch Little Bear or Blues Clues together and then venture out to the park because it was a beautiful day.  John would give me a hard time when he would come home and find out Shelby didn't go to school.  I assured him that she new all her colors & her letters and would be just fine.  He's still holding his breath on that one.


Shelby at 3 yrs (our playing hooky days)

So on Saturday we sauntered on down to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  First, we had to have Crawfish and Oysters for lunch. It's the American thing to do.  We had a great time with Shelby and her friend Tiye (she met volunteering at the Houston zoo).  We had our fill of junk food, good music and a day of watching bull riding, barrel racing, and the kids doing the mutton ride.  We then came home to the pups, our other half of the family.

It was a rough week for most this past week, including my husband but most of all for my dear friends in Pennsylvania who lost their beloved pet, Ginger. Our thoughts were with you this week even though physically we could not be with you. 

We are fortunate to count our blessings in the form of healthy children and pets.  But we all know that this could change at the drop of a hat.  I always think that it is by the grace of God that we are doing so well, despite the typical challenges the day may bring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass