February, where art thou?

It's been a while since I blogged and not because there isn't much going on but quiet the opposite.  Too many things going on at the same time.  On the home front, our neighbors through an amazing (food coma induced) SuperBowl Party that left me full for a month!  Thanks Paige & Jimmy, enjoyed the amazing spread up in the theater room.  Fun was had by all, especially Jimmy since his team won.



On February 10th, my beautiful daughter long awaited drivers' test was completed and she officially became a licensed driver. We invited a few neighbors (the moms brought us bottles of wine since I am now the mother of a licensed driver) thought I would need a drink or two. We celebrated on Saturday since on Friday we went to go see the Toxic Avenger at the Alley Theater.  It was one of the best shows of the year, right up there with the Addams Family!

Shelby was very excited and completely surprised with the party.  She said her next license will be her pilot's, she is so much like her dad.

Then I spent 5 days in February in Dallas, meeting more of Shelby's friends parents and the girls and boys as well.  Yes, I am one of those moms that needs to meet the kids her daughter or son is friends with.  I live by my mom's saying "Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are".   I came back with 4 new Facebook friends from Dallas!  And the peace of mind that my daughter is in good company.

Shelby also had her Winter Formal dance the same weekend we are obligated to be at the Houston BBQ Cook off. 





I met her date and his family.  Did the customary background checks and cyber stalked as necessary.  (I hope you guys know that I am kidding!)  She said everyone had a great time and that they all behaved.  Whatever that means. 

The cook off was a blast but on the third night of drinking, debauchery, and mayhem I was ready for a nap!  This year's theme was wild wild west and I had no intentions of wearing a costume.  I didn't even go shopping for one, but alas someone else had bigger plans for me (at least in deciding my wardrobe). 

Did I mentioned it was freezing!  My smart idea was to drink to keep warm. I really didn't think that through and will not ever make that mistake again. I'm getting to old for such mistakes.

More to come on March Madness in the next few days.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass