Weddings & Reminiscing

In April my Goddaughter will be getting married.  It's going to be a wonderful event attending a wedding with a lot of my childhood friends.  I have known Jenni's mom since I was 14 years old.  She and I worked at Wiener's department store in the early 80's.  I illegally worked there (you have to be 15 to be employed) but my mom signed a letter I was 15 and able to work.  We had the best time working there.  The older ladies had the day shift and then us runts worked the evening shifts. After hours, we would just have fits of giggles, so much so that one particular assistant manager thought we were on drugs!  I think the giggles was from sheer exhaustion!!  Weiners was a Jewish owned company and we worked until midnight on Christmas Eve.  On our feet from 5 pm until 10 or 10:30 on regular work weeks.    Needless to say that assistant manager didn't last long.  Sandi and I were the hard workers, okay more Sandi than me.  But worked seemed to breeze on bye when you work among your peers and have fun doing it.  And that we did.  We had great memories there.  So much so that when I was looking for a job in the 90's Sandi got me hired on at her company.  Sandi always made the good in me come out.  The witty, the fun, and my creative side were all nursed among her friendship.  So you can understand why this wedding is so exciting for me.  I get to help out and plan it. 

No feathers but the water beads and the submersible candle will look great on her tables.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass