Springsteen







There are three musicians that speak to my soul and the one on the very top of that list is The Boss.  I have been to several concerts of his since I was 18 years old.  Almost 30 years of growing up with Bruce.  I so love his music that my son narrowly escaped being named Bruce, I was vetoed by his father.

My first concert with him was the Born in the USA tour in Dallas.  I was hooked.  It was a stadium tour and even though we had nosebleed seats he lit up the stadium like it was the Fourth of July.

I have seen him at Jones Hall on January 23, 1006 on the Ghost of Tom Joad Tour. At the Summit several times, before it was a mega church and the Toyota Center.  I have cried when I couldn't get tickets and the concert had sold out in 18 minutes,  only to have my lovely boyfriend call me a few hours later telling me he got us tickets...I later married that man.

Bruce proved it all night long that he gets better with age.  He performed for more than three hours and has formed a band that is full of energy and lightning like charisma.  Something that I thought had died with the passing of Clarence Clemons but Bruce found a way to honor his brother with a show that pays homage to the deceased members of the E Street Band.  A beautiful slide show was displayed while they played 10th avenue freeze out.  Tom Morello (playing in place of Steven Van Zandt) stole the show on a few solos.  What a great addition!  Keeping it in the family, Clarence's nephew fronts the saxophone and did very well.

For the closing of the show Springsteen brought out Joe Ely a staple when it comes to native Houston music. They played Great Balls of Fire together and rocked all of the Woodlands.  An acoustic solo version of Thunder road was the perfect ending to my night.

I will forever remember this night as one of the best shows in my life.  So happy I decided to go!






Start Time: 8:13 p.m.
Setlist
1. Seeds
2. High Hopes
3. Badlands
4. Adam Raised A Cain
5. She’s The One
6. ONE STEP UP
7. Jesse James
8. How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live?
9. Wrecking Ball
10. Death To My Hometown
11. Night
12. No Surrender
13. Backstreets
14. Because The Night
15. Downbound Train
16. I’m On Fire
17. ALL OR NOTHIN’ AT ALL
18. Shackled And Drawn
19. The Ghost of Tom Joad
20. The Rising
21. Light Of Day
22. GREAT BALLS OF FIRE (with Joe Ely)
23. LUCILLE (with Joe Ely)
24. Born To Run
25. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
26. Dancing In The Dark
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
28. Shout
29. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)
End Time: 11:10 p.m.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Charity League and Us

HockaDONE!

I'm a Bad Ass